- Managed my time much more efficiently then yesterday! Only missed a couple of signings (in that crazy HarperTeen signing insanity), and managed not to feel as stressed out.
- Met John Scalzi!
- Met Andrew Schaffer!
- Met NK Jemisin!
- Spoke with several publicists, but due to a mishap I lost their cards :(
- Met a new friend (who isn't a blogger!) but is pretty much me, but younger. Claudia :) We shall hopefully keep in touch!
- Wasn't me, but I think my :ahem: spaz attack from last year over Karsten Knight (at Teen Author Carnival) is legendary in my group of blogging friends because every single one of them who went to TAC this year was like 'So I saw Karsten and thought 'too bad Lexie isn't here, her freak out would be hilarious' to me. XD Its nice to know I'm memorable?
- someone tell me how I know Jen from A Book and a Latte? I thought it was because I linked to her, but apparently not. But I do know her blog. Puzzling.
- Meeting the aforementioned Claudia. It was literally topic after topic we agreed on. 'Doctor Who! Do you like Moffat? (no) If you don't know David Tennant you aren't worth knowing. RTD rocked. Do you like Buffy? YES!' So that was really cool.
|Perky, sweet and delicious! Oh and the sisters were AWESOME|
|2nd in line bitches, whatup|
|NK Jemisin restrained her hair|
- actually quite a few of the authors were like 'You're doing great aren't you?' 'cause I was so hyper and peppy upon meeting them. I met so many new authors this year!
- YA male authors seem to be getting more charming each year--Dan Krokos was adorable and Kevin Emerson and I chatted for a few minutes (he has an amazing smile).
Books Picked Up:
This year I let my sister handle the galley drops and random publisher booth pick-ups and concentrated on the books that were either signed copies (to replace my home unsigned copies), wishlist books/ARCs or sounded interesting (not too many of them I didn't know about)
- God Save the Queen by Kate Locke (signed)
- The Janus Affair by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris (signed)
- The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson (signed)
- The Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt (signed)
- Batman: Court of Owls volume 1 (signed)
- American Vampire volume 1
- The Cupcake Diaries by Katherine Kallanis and Sophia Kallanis LaMontagne (signed)
- Queen of Swords by Kate Robert
- Elemental by Emily White (signed)
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Redshirts by John Scalzi (signed)
- The Iron Wrym Affair by Lilith Saintcrow
- Origin by Jessica Khoury (signed)
- Passion Blue by Victoria Strauss
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- Fathomless by Jackson Pearce
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (signed)
- The Future We Left Behind by Mike A. Lancaster
- Deviants by Maureen McGowan
- Sanctum by Sarah Fine
- Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver
- Iron-hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
- False Memory by Dan Krokos (signed)
- The Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout (signed)
- Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Andew Schaffer (signed)
So I got the same amount of books as the day before! And all but THREE were wishlist books!! I'm trying so hard to not over-indulge this year, I think its working!!
How did the second day go for y'all?