Flirting to Win by Natalie Anderson -Its fun fluff, with very little thought needed to be entertained.
Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer - I love Michael? I really really do. My favorite Merrick. If I ignore the covers which why?
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - oh my gosh this book! :snuggles Michael:
Fearless by Brigid Kemmerer - I'm not a big Hunter fan. But when I love a series I read everything.
Savage Winter by Rachel Van Dyken - better then her romances, but still kind of not my thing. Which is sad they always have interesting premises
Cry Wolf volume 1 GN - In the first hour it was in my hands. No joke. Love.
Soul Eater Not! volume 1 - I don't think this is going to take the serious turn the parent series, Soul Eater, took...
Spark by Brigid Kemmerer - does the third book REALLY not come out til next year?
Kieli volume 7 - oh god I kind of know what happens and its tearing me up inside
- Lust for Life by Jeri Smith-Ready - um looks like I shall be having a read-a-thon for these books! w00t
- Not Proper Enough by Carolyn Jewel - I have some...interesting issues with the first book (Not Wicked Enough), but this romance between the secondary characters of book 1 sounds intriguing.
- The Lost Night by Jayne Castle - As a fan of her Harmony novels, I can't wait to see where this new connected series goes
- Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf Volume 1 by Patricia Briggs - OMG OMG OMG okay this will be a bit long winded, but okay. When I first heard about this comic series coming out I was like GIVE ME NOW PLEASE. And waited. and waited. and waited. I waited so long I stopped collecting print comics and it still was not in my hands. Something happened and it never made it to the shops and the online sellers had it at REALLY high prices. So when I saw the collection was coming out I was like GIVE ME NOW PLEASE. And thus was it delivered into my hands.
Rosanne I love you forever now
- The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens - as part of the Avon Addicts group, we were given approval for this! (Edelweiss)
- Hot and Haunted by various - another thank you to Avon Addicts for this! (edelweiss)
Won or Bought: (links lead to goodreads unless otherwise noted)
Bought from Amazon:
- Earl and Fairy vol 3 - oh this series...oh Lydia...
- Kieli vol 7: As the Deep Ravine's Wind Howls by Yukako Kabei - sooo close to the end ;-;
- Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden vol 10 - FINALLY. Been waiting FOREVER.
- Sailor Moon vol 7 - wow time seems to have flown with these new releases!
- Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson - I missed this at Book Expo so I'm glad to have a copy now!
Free from Amazon:
- Sea Scoundrel by Annette Blair - I read the book this was originally published as and the author says this is what amounts to the 'director's cut' of that novel.
- From a Distance by Tamara Alexander - this was a wishlist book a loooong time ago
- Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra Leigh - sounds gothic!
- Lucky Logan Finds Love by Barbara Cartland - Fun fluff! I think. Haven't read this yet.
- The Mysterious Maid-Servant by Barbara Cartland - more fun fluff! That's mysterious! Hopefully!
- Savage Winter by Rachel Van Dyken - I'm hoping this is better then her romances
- Cursed by S.A. Archer - sounded cool
- DeButy and the Beast by Linda Jones - genderbent Fairy Tale Romance? Sure!
- InSight by Polly Iver - blind heroine, deaf hero...killer on the loose. I'm there.
- Later Bloomers: 35 Folks Over Age 35 Who Found Their Passion and Purpose by Debra Eve - I'm getting closer to that age...plus fascinating!
Try to Beat This Level of Cool:
First: Andrea K Höst, who is possibly one of my heroes of writing (she's Brandon Sanderson level of love), sent me an early copy of her next book And All the Stars. Its a departure from her other works (the Touchstone Books, Champion of the Rose, the Medair duology) in that its more contemporary, set in a not so distant future of Australia and not-quite-apocalyptic (I mean the world is still there just...well...yeah).
I LOVED IT. Its not due until October, so expect the review around there. SO COOL.
Second: I somehow found myself chosen to be an Avon Addict. Apparently reading a lot of romance does that XD Anyhow, for the next 6 months (the term of my Addiction), I'll be receiving a box with books, swag and ARC's (as well as digital stuff). My first package came in! Check it:
What I received:
- 4 copies of The Way to a Duke's Heart by Caroline Linden
- Sacrifice of the Wicked by Karina Cooper
- Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath
- My Scandalous Viscount by Galen Foley
- The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James
- an arc of One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean (!!!)
- Avon Romance tote
- An Ugly Duchess swan plushie (cool swag!)
- Avon Addicts Pin
- Wendy Corsi Staub bookmark and eyemask