|Book Date Blog|
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!
|Links lead to my Goodreads review unless otherwise noted|
- Real Account vols 1-3: The series did a complete 180 for main characters starting in Vol 3 after a pretty big cliffhanger at the end of Vol 2. I'm not sure how this'll play out, but I hope for the best.
- NEPHILIM FALLING (Trenton Investigations Prequel) by Felicia Beasley: I originally wanted to read this because the first book was due out this month, but due to Amazon glitching its not out til June now I think.
- The Wendy Project by Melissa Jane Osborne (writer) and Veronica Fish (illustrator): Such a beautiful and thoughtful examination of grief with the Peter Pan tale as a backdrop.
- HER MAJESTY'S SCOUNDRELS by various: Not quite what I had hoped for, but I ended up liking many of the stories in it, so it worked out.
- Empowered vol 10 by Adam Warren: A CLIFFHANGER IT ENDED IN A CLIFFHANGER. Where is volume 11...???
- WANT by Cindy Pon: This was a buddy read with my Sestra Samantha, and boy howdy was it a ride. A bit slow at first, but once Zhou finds his footing it takes off.
I started my new job today so this week may not see much read...
Reenu-You (ebook) - new Book Smugglers Novella Initiative title! Bit of an out there concept, but I'm interested to see where it goes!
Burn For Me - with Book 2 (White Hot) and Book 3 (Wildfire) due out in the next couple of months, its time to get re-acquainted with this series.
That's what I'm reading...how about you?Before She Ignites - dude. Dragons and an MC with anxiety and its Jodi. Despite the controversy over the cover (which I agree/disagree with it, but its not my place to put my opinion there as its not my lane) I'm jazzed for this. That being said, I have no idea how the MC is portrayed currently (I haven't read any other reviews), but am cautiously hopeful that the fact she is black will be depicted well.