Welcome to another Poisoned Rationality Special Edition! Today we have Amber Argyle, author of Witch Song.Synopsis: The world is changing. Once, Witch Song controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons--but not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by a traitor. All but Brusenna. As the echo of their songs fade, the traitor grows stronger. Now she is coming for Brusenna. Her guardian has sworn to protect her, but even he can't stop the Dark Witch. Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find the traitor. Fight her. Defeat her. Because if Brusenna doesn't, there won't be anything left to save.
Brusenna’s 5 Least Favorite Memories
- When I was little, I got into my mother’s money box and played with my father’s wedding ring. I must have left it out in the garden. Mother was so upset she didn’t sleep until we found it.
- When our house was overrun with spiders one fall. I’d wake up when they dropped from the ceiling and skittered across my face. Every morning, I found new bites on my legs. Mother and I finally hauled everything out of the house, clogged the vent, and let the smoke clear them out. I’ve haven’t dealt well with spiders or any other sort of bug since. (Lexie: I am right there with you Brusenna. I hate bugs)
- When some village boys snuck into our farm and shot our plow horse, Jigger. Mother and I woke in the dead of night to musketfire. We thought the villagers had come to kill us. The shot didn’t kill our Jigger right away. He suffered for a long time.
- When my cat went missing. After a few days, I went searching for her. I finally found her in the forest. Most of her head was gone. Like they’d lured her in and shot her up close. I hadn’t brought anything to carry home in, so I went back for a shovel, but I couldn’t find her again.
- When the Witch Hunters finally found me. I had nightmares for months afterward.
Wanna know more? Check out Amber's Blog, Website or her tour with Teen Book Scene happening now!